Project Developer - Solar
National Renewable Solutions, LLC (NRS) is a growing renewable energy developer with a history of successfully developing over 762 MW of renewable energy projects that are operating in the US. NRS' focus to date has been on completing the pre-construction development activities and negotiating the off-take/hedge agreements required to build large-scale (i.e. 50 to 300MW) renewable energy generation projects. NRS develops projects from inception, investing the necessary capital and resources to get a project to the point of construction ready. Our history of successful projects demonstrates a strong track record and has positioned us well for developing an attractive pipeline of renewables projects. As NRS prepares to expand into additional development opportunities, we are looking to expand our team. This full-time mid-level position will serve as an integral team member to support the development of renewable energy projects as well as assessing new opportunities.
As National Renewable Solutions (NRS) prepares to expand into additional development opportunities, we are looking to expand our team. This full-time position represents a great opportunity to join our growing company and will serve as an integral team member to support the development of PV solar energy projects as well as other renewable energy projects, including storage. The position is a mid to senior-level role with near-term advancement opportunities, depending on performance.
An ideal candidate will have either a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate Degree in Energy Development, Sustainability, Community Development, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management, Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Permitting, Real Estate Development or related study from an accredited institution. She/He should have 2+ years of experience developing solar projects within the United States, general familiarity with renewable energy and geospatial concepts, can demonstrate excellent writing skills, is detail-oriented, critically-minded, deadline conscious, and familiar with Mac and Windows computing environments. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs is a must. Candidate must be willing to travel (20-40%) and willing to innovate and learn new skills. Key areas of established working experience are; project economics, interconnection procedures, site control and leasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), solar layout, environmental impacts, permitting, resource assessment, facility performance modeling and development budgeting.
Key responsibility areas are:
· Responsible for advancing all disciplines of development in community and utility-scale PV solar projects within the US.
· Assist in development of Renewable Energy portfolio, including wind energy and storage projects.
· Must work well in fast-paced team environment, yet able to be highly efficient while working independently and in the field.
· Management of subcontractor schedules and critical deliverable review.
· Perform prospecting and scoping activities, including cold calls and arranged meetings.
· Ability to actively create and execute campaigns to achieve focused development objectives.
· Assist development team in preparation of marketing and generation of off-take and M&A proposals.
· Ability to effectively present plans and progress updates to management team and project partners.
· Ongoing assessment of energy market conditions, trends, and opportunities across multiple political and geographic environments ad markets.
NRS offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include; 401k with company contribution, an attractive profit-sharing plan, health insurance and office work-out facilities. This position is based just west of Minneapolis in Wayzata, MN.
To apply, please send resume (and project list, if available) and cover letter to:
Attn: Jesse Hopkins-Hoel - firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: Solar Developer Position
National Renewable Solutions is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D employer with a drug-free work environment.